4.07.2013

Here's How It Went Down

It's funny that Friday afternoon I had an ultrasound and everything looked great. Ellie was very low and hard to get on the ultrasound but no cause for concern. Saturday was a very relaxed day. Kev and I just watched conference. I was tired so I took a nap through the second session. I woke up at 4 and thought I needed to poop so I did, then I just felt super constipated and lots of pressure down low. Didn't think much of it. Then the pain got nice and consistent. I started timing them and they were about 5 minutes apart and lasting about a minute each. So I texted my mom and she told me to call the doctor so I did and he told me to take Ibprofen or advil to try to stop contractions and if they didn't stop within the hour to come in. That was about 5:30. I thought they were getting better then they were back so I finally broke down and told Kevin he needed to take me to the hospital this was about 7. I got there and they slowed down again, keep in mind they were never super terribly painful so I didn't think anything serious. I just assumed they would give me stuff to stop them and send me home. They got me all hooked up and the nurse told me the contractions weren't even registering. I was on the phone with my mom like it was no big deal. The doctor came in about 7:30 and checked me and low and behold I was already dilated to a 6 almost 7. I was immediately admitted and they gave me magnesium to stop labor. They also gave me a steroid shot for the babies lungs. They were hoping to hold off labor for at least 24 hours so the steroids could work. Well maybe around 9:30 or 10 the doctor came back and I was at an 8. So they decided they would break my water and get the show on the road. I never got an epidural. NOT FUN! We had to wait for the transport from Idaho Falls to get there so they could take the babies right away. So around 12:30 we got the party started. Ellie came first. She was pretty easy. 1:30 and she was here. Next came Jackson. On the ultrasound they saw that his hand was coming with his head and they were trying to get it to go down, it did so we started to push. My heavens it was hard. For all you women who deliver nomal sized babies with no pain meds are my heroes. I only delivered little babies and it still was terrible. Anyways so as Jackson finally arrives his foot accompanies his head. No wonder he hurt so much more than his sister. Got a few stitches, no biggie. When Ellie came she was very quiet, when Jack came he was crying and looking around. Ellie was put on a ventilator right away. Kev got to see them and take a few pics before they left, I didn't. I was so sad.
The next day the doctor comes to check on me and said I was doing great. I was discharged at 1:00pm. And we went straight to the hospital to see the babies. They are so tiny and precious. Ellie had to get put on some blood pressure meds while we were there. Jack was just so chill like life was no big deal so far. I just love them so much! They put a cute little bow in Ellie's hair. They both have lots of hair, Ellie's is very light and Jack's is pretty dark. I just love them so much! they are both doing great considering they are 12 weeks early. They probably won't be able to leave the hospital until their due date but could be five weeks earlier.









3 comments:

  1. I just love looking at their sweet photos and reading about them. Congratulations Melissa and Kevin! You are so awesome! cant wait to come visit you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy it all happened so fast! I'm sure they will be well taken care of, and have lots of prayers coming their way! Loved the baby bow on Ellie! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only imagine how scary it is/was for you. Glad everyone is doing well, and pray things continue to go that way.

    ReplyDelete