11.11.2010

Thank You To All of the Veterans

Today is Veterans. As I was walking back from class I overheard a conversation. The boy said, I don't understand why we have veterans day, we already have the 4th of July. Obviously this boy didn't know what the 4th of July is... it is the celebration of our Nation's Independence. Veterans day is to celebrate those who fought and continue to fight and protect our freedoms that we are so blessed with here. It broke my heart that he cared so little about the men and women who have done so much for him.
I want to thank all the men and women through out the world who are serving our nation. I am so beyond grateful for the service that you do for me and my family and my country. I want to thank my father, my Grandpa Jensen, Grandpa Erickson, Uncle Lonny, Uncle Eric, my cousin Kevin, and all those who I have gone to school with who have taken it upon themselves to defend this country. You are all my heroes. I love you more than words can express.

No comments:

Post a Comment